About the game
‘We Are The Dwarves’ is an addicting gameplay game with unique setting and story. Opposite to the real Universe we know, everything is inverted here: the void is replaced by endless stone, where life exists only in gigantic caves enlightened by bright Stars. These Stars have special powers, that are strong enough to change physical laws and give life. Dwarves use Stars as the Cores for Dwarf Kingdoms.
Dwarves is just a race among others, being at the edge of extinction, because the Stars mystically go out. Forcer, Smashfist and Shadow are the only survivors of a drilling starship expedition, and their mission is to find a new Star for the dwarven folk. The accident brought them to the unknown part of the Stone Universe, pushing into dangerous circumstances, but that’s where the adventure begins! Dwarves are going to meet other small civilizations and ancient monsters from the deep layers of the Endless Stone. Some of them are dangerous enemies to each other and this plays to our dwarves hands.
Intro cinematic YouTube
There are far more images available for Whale Rock Games, but we think that these ones would be most useful for you. If you have specific requests, please contact us!
- "We Are The Dwarves is brimming with potential and I haven’t even mentioned that one of the dwarves may well be an owl disguised as a dwarf. Do take a look."
- Adam Smith, ROCK, PAPER, SHOTGUN
- "I'm particularly drawn to the asymmetry in the three protagonists; it reminds me of The Lost Vikings, even though I'm sure it doesn't play like that."
- Darren Nakamura, Destructoid
- "And let’s face it, who doesn’t like Dwarves?."
- Amario Andre, Gamer Headlines
- "I am always on the lookout for new and interesting games being developed for the PC, and I think We Are the Dwarves may fit that bill."
- Cyber, Death by Beta
- "In our opinion " We are Dwarves " is looking to be a fantastic fantasy game, with a gorgeous story driven experience that will please most gamers alike. Besides, who needs wizards and warriors when you've got three awesome astronaut dwarves!"
- Neil, Indie Retro News
- "You had me at concept art….. Check out these brilliant looking art works from the upcoming PC/Mac title We are the Dwarves from the Kiev-based game studio Whale Rock Games."
- Jason Lee, Nine Over Ten
Whale Rock Games – game development company from Kiev, Ukraine. Some members of our team participated in such projects as Metro: LastLight, Dragon Age Inquisition, The Elder Scrolls Online, CrimeCraft, Warface, Skyforge, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat, This is Vegas, EverQuest 1, EverQuest 2, Darkened Skye and others. "We Are The Dwarves" is the first independent project of the company.